OUR ORIGINS

Planted on one of the highest points of Moulis-en-Médoc, Chateau Brillette’s vines grow on soil that contains a large quantity of gravel. The brilliant, or shiny, aspect of these stones as they are warmed by the sun is also the source of inspiration from which the name of Chateau Brillette is derived.

A FAMILIAL
DEVOTION

The story of Chateau Brillette is the tale of a passion shared by three families. After belonging to the family of Count Périer de Larsan for nearly a century, it was acquired by the Montesquiou / David-Weill clan before becoming the property of the Flageul family in 1975.

CHATEAU BRILLETTE THROUGH
THE CENTURIES

Prior to the French Revolution, Chateau Brillette was the property of the Le Blanc Mauvezin family, which also owned Chateau Mauvezin in Moulis. Upon Pauline Le Blanc de Mauvezin’s marriage to Jean-Baptiste Germain du Périer de Larsan on April 17, 1796, the estate became part of the Périer de Larsan family. Thereupon began a century of greatness for Chateau Brillette, and the exceptional quality of its wines would be recognized with a gold medal at the 1889 Exposition Universelle and honorable mention at the Exposition Universelle et Internationale de Liège.

In 1932, the Crus Bourgeois du Médoc classification was established by five wine agents and recognized by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Gironde. “Chateau Brillette du Périer” would be designated Cru Bourgeois Supérieur.

A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE
FOR CHATEAU BRILLETTE

Romain and Erwan Flageul continue to pursue their family’s passion for producing outstanding wines and preserving the beauty of the estate’s natural surroundings. They are seconded by Lucile Dijkstra, whose sustainable approach to crafting wines is based on limiting environmental impact and respecting the estate’s biodiversity.